Monday, February 7, 2011

Spec Miata Hard Top Brackets

The latches on the hardtop scare me a little, plus I'm just not a top down kind of guy.  That said, I figured I would get some hard top brackets.  After a little poking around, and on the suggestion of Ben from New Mexico Drift Group (which appears to be defunct), I purchased a set of brackets from Kyle at Applied Racing Technology.

Well, I got my hardtop brackets today.


The owner called me up and told me he has the old type available, I said sure, send em, gave me a small price cut ($5).  Well unlike the set on the site, this is bare metal, and the hardware is also bare metal.  Kinda irritated.

So I got some 'hammered finish' spray paint, figured it would match the interior better than gloss.  Sanded the metal a bit to roughen it, and put on two coats tonight.  We'll see how the fit and finish is after that.  I also hope I can get the latches off since the torx head bolts on there seem a bit worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment