Monday, March 7, 2011

Foamectomy

I did, or rather tried to do, a foam ectomy on the Miata.  Since I couldn't fit in with a helmet I wasn't doing my part in enjoying it, so I had to do something about it.  I'm thinking it may need a bit of a revision, I don't think I could come close to passing a broomstick test at this point.  On the bright side it wasn't tough.

Did both sides, my fiance is a gorgeous 6 foot tall former collegiate volley ball player, and I'm 6'2" so room in the Miata is a bit of an issue.  Soon as I hop in with a helmet I'll report back... or cut more.

After removing the seat and undoing the never ending hog rings holding the cover on, I had to cut out much of the foam under the shovel.  It wasn't pretty so I'll spare you.  On the bright side zip-ties make for a good, and more finger-friendly hog ring replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment