Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wheels & Tires are on

Pardon the crappy camera phone pictures, it was the easiest way to get something up now.

Got up on the early side and made a few calls to find someone to mount and balance tires I didn't purchase from them on wheels I didn't purchase from them.  Turned out the answer was about a block from home.

So after a few walks and drives; getting the wheels and tires over to the shop in the Jeep, walking home to the get the miata, and back they were on.

Here's the Miata in monster truck mode, I was very worried about fitment at this point.

Then I got home after hearing a few rubs on the block drive home... time to get the baseball bat and do a quick little roll.

No dice, still rubbing, still eating up the tire, gave it another go.  No luck, got to a friend's house and we went crazy on rolling, the need to do so became more apparent when I left some rubber at the entrance to his driveway from the horrible rub that come with turning and going over a bump.

As you can see they fit well, a bit aggressive, and they fill the gap nicely on my car which is only slightly lowered.  The added 20mm of rubber grips much better, though I can feel a bit of added weight coming from the hollow spoke R-package wheels.

3 comments:

  1. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5309/5626886644_d756e8226b_b.jpg

    dew this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    Wheels And Tires

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these running 205/50R15? How much is the car lowered?

    Have been wanting these rims for a while, wanted to see what the limits are before I have to start rolling fenders which I really want to avoid. Planning to lower my '99 NB no more than 1.5"

    ReplyDelete